As promised, I’ve been uploading every album to YouTube. Thank you to everyone who subscribed! I now have over 1,000 subscribers, and am gaining new subscribers faster each month.
The latest album to get the “full album on YouTube” treatment is one that was quietly released between several other albums around 2016. I couldn’t even help myself; I just had to keep releasing music. (It kept me sane through hard times, and still does.)
For anyone who’s interested in knowing how I created the “screensaver” for the video above, here are the pieces involved:
- Canon 6D camera + Zeiss 15mm Distagon f/2.8 lens
- Trip to St. John’s Bridge in Portland, Oregon on a perfectly foggy and gloomy winter day
- Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop for photo editing
- Adobe AfterEffects and Red Giant Universe for motion and smoke texture effects (30-sec clip)
- Adobe Premiere for combining footage with music, adding credits, etc.
Not and advertisement, just more detail about the software involved:
I signed up when Adobe discounted their Creative Cloud “All Apps” membership, and highly recommend looking out that. The full price is hard to justify unless you’re already making at least some income from digital content. If you’re just getting started, use all the trials you can, then consider the Photography plan, or the single app plan (to focus on one app at a time).